Sartharion with 3 Drakes strat
Sartharion with 3 Drakes strat
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

1 2 3 4 >>>
I know that we still need to try 2 up first but this discussion/video/strat is from the same place as that Malygos one i linked a few days back and pretty much all of the ideas can be used for the 2 drake fight. http://www.stratfu.com/strats/Sartharion3D I have been getting geared up pretty well with tanking gear and would be down for tanking Sarth, and I have come up with a spec for it: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/deathknight/talents.html?tal=0055021302300310200000000003050000000000000000000000000235230310000105250001200100000
any thoughts would be appreciated. This may be a bit away but there are some good things to think about as we get closer to doing this.
From this it looks like we'd only need 3 tanks. From what I've been reading we'd need to get the first drake down within 2-3 waves of whelps to be viable (3 was the suggested max, the posts I read said if you get to 4 then they normally just reset and tried again - gets too hectic etc etc etc). Most are also saying 6, tops 7 healers just to get the max number of dpsers possible. When we did 1 drake the other night I think we got approx 8 waves of whelps, didn't keep exact count though. I know we'll all be better geared when we do this, more experienced blah blah blah. But it still seems worthwhile for healers and tanks to start doing some work on getting good solid offsets, spell/hit rotations, maybe even some experience doing it in order to make sure that we can have the maximum amount of dps available. Who knows, might even come in handy later. Every little bit counts! And if nothing else it'll make naxx go faster
Side note on 2 drakes, we seemed to all be having some issues seeing fissures/lava all the time with all the aoe going on with tenebron and the general madness, I found towards the last attempt that turning my spell detail down all the way allowed me to easily see the lava and fissures but got rid of stuff like death and decay which can make them hard to see. Also have been watching some more videos and most groups seem to have tenebron down within ten seconds of shadron showing up who is the spot prior to the our second drake. I'm still having some issues finding really good stuff on 2 drakes, most is 1 or 3 with notes on some of the 3s saying do the same thing for 2. Curious if anyone else has any new thoughts though.

Can anyone make videos that's doing the 2d Sarth 10man right now, to make 25 explanations go faster? We're doing it at least slightly differently then all of the other ones I've found, but I dont' see any reason we can't do the exact same thing for 25man.
Yay...more atheet talking to herself... Can we just leave Vesperons portals alone and burn the fuck out of him after Tenebron? Then we can stay in the same spot etc. etc. Doom and I accidentally proved last night that we can keep bulgrim up with the disciple in there no problem if we're both on him. I mean I know it'd be kind of awful, but less confusing then having to move drakes, risk tailwhip, all that fun stuff (also you can get hit by a wave when you come out which seems cruel-they're adding something to fix this but it isn't there now that I know of). I don't know if people think we'll have burn left in us though. Other thought was if there was any consideration to make sure that people have cds to blow for when Sarth hits 15% and throws adds everywhere. Most people ignore the adds and just kill him as fast as possible at that point.

So twilight torment...thought I'd mention this since Bulgrim and I were discussing its possible impacts in his death on our last attempt.

Twilight torment is up whenever the disciple of vesperon is alive, and does 2-3k dmg everytime you hit something. I don't entirely understand how this works on fast hitting classes like rogues. I'm guessing the mechanics don't work the same for everyone or something to prevent stabby from nuking himself immediately. I've read some things saying that you should go in vesperons portal and kill the disciple (some say don't), anyone else read different/same? I wasn't sure what we were doing last night on that front.

Another thing that I forgot about though was that melee dps from Sarth increases by 25% everytime one of the drakes goes down so that probably didn't help things.
Quote by atheet
So twilight torment...thought I'd mention this since Bulgrim and I were discussing its possible impacts in his death on our last attempt.

Twilight torment is up whenever the disciple of vesperon is alive, and does 2-3k dmg everytime you hit something. I don't entirely understand how this works on fast hitting classes like rogues. I'm guessing the mechanics don't work the same for everyone or something to prevent stabby from nuking himself immediately.

would be interesting to see how this works for things like consecrate/holy shield and swipe...

--
Eureka! The hat goes on the head!
Twilight torment puts a debuff on you that makes you take 2-3k damage when you hit something, it then removes the debuff and gets reapplied after 2 to 3 seconds. Bulgrim in that strat it talks about stopping attacking all together during this phase to reduce twilight torment damage, you can then do a quick attack when he starts to cast his breath. This will remove the debuff which also has the 75% increased damage taken from sarth's breaths. This way you should be taking less damage overall and hopefully a good bit less on the breaths.
I could take 3 damage. Shoot, I could take 4.

--
Rumpshaka.
Quote by Alesander
Bulgrim in that strat it talks about stopping attacking all together during this phase to reduce twilight torment damage,

atheet and i discussed this part.. i have such an aggro lead that i really only have to attack a couple times every 10 seconds to apply attack speed debuffs.. i'll probably just meat shield it up for a while in that phase with the odd attack just before a breath

--
Eureka! The hat goes on the head!
As far as 3 drake goes, the breaths do significantly more damage because of Shadron's aura so having me tank with all my cooldowns is probably the way to go, and have you on the drakes and bad on the adds. Again, if any of you guys have any thoughts on that spec i posted let me know, the only thing im not sure about is if spell deflection will work on his breaths since I dont know if it counts as a direct damage spell. But yeah because of the increases in his physical damage as the drakes die, im probably gonna need a good bit of 25man tanking gear, my set now is pretty much all epic but probably not up to snuff for that. Since there isnt much i need from badges as far as dps stuff goes, I'm thinking I'm going to pick up both the ring and cloak when i get 3 more badges.
With the twilight torment dance no longer being an option, you really do need a dk tank on sarth for this. No one else has enough cooldowns available and Blizz made dks great for spell dmg for a reason. The breaths hit for approximately 60k, I don't see a feasible way that bulgrim can live through multiple of these without a whole lot of luck. There are also a large number of posts stating that a disc priest is exceedingly helpful for things like improved bubble and pain suppression, but this is just my .02 on the matter.
Another key piece that will help is having atleast 3 holy priests spec'd into thier 51 pt talent, which will prevent death of a player, Im not to sure how many times he breaths in a minute its nice to have a just incase if cooldowns are not up.

--
Healing....what is healing? Im a DPS machine fools!

So...how we getting a geared dk tank in a day or whatever it is until we're trying 3drake? Ales is only geared for 10mans or whatever, no idea what anyone else has been up to gearing wise.

Yeah I'm rockin an all epic set with 540 defense without the stoneskin gargoyle rune, which i might switch over to for the stam, or maybe the 4% spell deflection one for the breaths if I am in fact going to tank this. All of my gear is ilevel 200 though meaning from naxx 10 or heroics, except for one of my rings and my cloak which i picked up from badges. I'm thinking i need at least 5 or 6 more ilevel 213 pieces to be able to do this.
So what strat are we using for this?
Quote by atheet
So what strat are we using for this?

I don't know what the strat will be, but I'm sure whatever it is, Doom and Myst have thought it through thoroughly and it will work splendidly.

--

Right...but I'm still curious, there's been a fair bit of discussion on it, and I'd just like to know what the plan is in advance, because people might have thoughts on it. We're a raiding guild, we can discuss fights and expect people to have intelligent input on the strategy.
Quote by atheet
Right...but I'm still curious, there's been a fair bit of discussion on it, and I'd just like to know what the plan is in advance, because people might have thoughts on it. We're a raiding guild, we can discuss fights and expect people to have intelligent input on the strategy.

I'm not sure if Doom or Myst will have a chance to pop on here before the raid tonight and lay out the strat, but hopefully they will. Of course you and everyone else are welcome to continue adding any ideas or suggestions you have, in the meantime. But we won't be doing any raids tonight unless we get more healers signed up >.< only 2 so far....

--

while i trust that doom and myst have thought about it a lot and have what might be a solid strat, nobody is infallible and no strat is perfect. posting it so that people can comment or at least have an idea of what we are doing before we step into raids might be nice for hard encounters like this so we can spend more time working on the boss and less time discussing shit during valuable raid time.

edit: Cor, didn't see that last post, hopefully they do but this is a general statement about strats in general as well.

1 2 3 4 >>>
[Back to Index]
67 Unique Guild Members
263 Characters (alts included)
6 Level 110 characters
30 Website/Forum Members
0 Posts in 24 hours
12 Posts in 7 days
16950 Total Posts
Teri is the last poster
67 Unique Guild Members
263 Characters (alts included)